Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Another Eventful Day

Last night, my younger son's babysitter dumped him so we scrambled to find someone else to watch him until he can join his brother at preschool. I was not a happy camper.

This morning, while dropping him off at the new sitter's house, I misjudged her narrow driveway which slopes downhill and curves a bit at the end. It's also fairly snowy and icy outside. I veered off the asphalt into the mud and backed into her mailbox, knocking it over.

My passenger got out of the car and went to look at the wheel that was now firmly stuck in mud. For some reason, I hit the gas thinking I could get out of the hole. Instead I sent a spray of mud into the air, all over the car and all over the poor, defenseless man standing next to the car trying to help.

Ooops.

No comments:

Post a Comment